Research Project (ASS01-3)
Core Electronic Texts:
- Aveyard, H. (2008) Doing a literature review in health and social care: a practical guide. Maidenhead: McGraw Hill/OUP.
- Bell, J. (2005) Doing your research project: a guide for first-time researchers in education, health and social science. 4th ed. Maidenhead: OUP.
- Berry, R. (2004) The research project: how to write it. 5th ed. London: Routledge.
- Carey, M. (2009) The social work dissertation: using small-scale qualitative methodology. Maidenhead: McGraw Hill/OUP.
- McMillan, K. (2010) How to write dissertations and project reports. Harlow: Prentice Hall.
- Miller, R.L. and Brewer, J.D. (eds) (2003) The A-Z of social research: a dictionary of key social science research concepts. London: Sage.
- Dissertations & Research - section of the Applied Social Studies guide dedicated to research and maintained by your librarians. It contains help and advice and links to useful electronic resources.
- Social Research Update - a free, peer-reviewed, online journal published by the Department of Sociology at the University of Surrey. It covers all aspets of social research including: focus groups, using e-mail as a research tool and more.
Our Tweets: @uoblibrary
Aug 10, 2022
Aug 09, 2022
Aug 08, 2022
New for August! Check out our library summer reading pic.twitter.com/AwDTPfPiB8
Aug 03, 2022
We've been warned to expect some downtime for the IEEE digital library (IEEExplore) on Saturday 30th July, 2pm to 6… https://t.co/AsbjjHUziv
Jul 29, 2022
If you were thinking of getting to campus by train this week, don’t forget to check the updates beforehand & stay i… https://t.co/0cYByujagS
Jul 25, 2022
We've been warned to expect some downtime for the IEEE digital library (IEEExplore) on Saturday 23rd July, 2pm to 6… https://t.co/Fv4j42DQ5G
Jul 22, 2022