Subject gateways are a collection of websites on a particular subject. Unlike search engines (which find both good and poor quality websites randomly sorted) subject gateways contain only web resources that have been evaluated by subject specialists.
Crime and criminology
- BUBL: Crime - gateway to selected web resources covering all aspects of crime and criminal justice.
- Intute: Criminology - gateway to high quality web resources covering all aspects of criminology.
- CrimLinks - an annotated resources guide to crime, criminology and community justice compiled by Michael Teague of the University of Teeside. The site may also be searched using its own search engine.
- Intute: Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health - gateway to an extensive collection of resources covering all aspects of health and health care.
- InfoLaw - gateway to legal resources on the web including: Acts of Parliament, SIs, legal cases, Bills, procedure, blogs, newsletters and more.
- Intute: Law: United Kingdom - gateway to high quality web resources covering all aspects of law in the UK.
- Intute: Law: European Union - gateway to high quality web resources covering European Union law.
- Lawlinks - gateway to legal resources on the web maintained by the University of Kent. It contains a wealth of links covering UK resources, UK Government, International law, European Union, human rights, civil rights, criminal justice, family law, gay and lesbian rights, immigration and more.
- Portal to Legal Resources in the UK and Ireland - gateway to legal resources on the web maintained by Celia Venables (computer consultant for lawyers). The legal resources A-Z section has a large number of links covering all aspects of law.
- BUBL Social Sciences - gateway to high quality websites covering all aspects of the social sciences including: sociology, political science, law, social problems and education.
- Intute: Social Sciences - gateway to high quality web resources covering all aspects of the social sciences including: education, Government policy, human geography, law, politics, psychology, social welfare, sociology, statistics and data and women's studies.
- Intute: Social Welfare - gateway to high quality web resources covering all aspects of social work and social welfare including: ethnic communities, families, adoption and foster care, children and young people, older people, health services, mental health, physical and learning disabilities, poverty, homelessness, social exclusion, unemployment, social policy, social security benefits, social services, social work, carers, community care and substance abuse.
- Intute: Sociology - gateway to high quality web resources covering all aspects of sociology including: gender and sexuality, racial and ethnic minorities, religion, sport, migration, work and employment, criminology, policing, prisons and probation, sociology of law, human rights, ageing, family, addictions, medical sociology and youth and children. Browse by subject or search for resources.
- FMO Forced Migration Online - gateway to a wide range of online resources dealing with the situation of forced migrants worldwide.
Our Tweets: @uoblibrary
Jul 01, 2022
Jul 01, 2022
Jun 28, 2022
Jun 27, 2022
Jun 26, 2022
Jun 24, 2022
Jun 24, 2022
Jun 23, 2022