Creating a My EBSCOhost account and organising your search results
Signing up for a My EBSCOhost account gives you access to additional features in EBSCO databases (including DISCOVER), such as being able to save and re-run previous searches.
1. Within the EBSCO databases, click on the Sign In button on the toolbar. This will take you to a log in page.
2. Click on the link to 'Create a new Account' and fill in your details, then click 'Submit'. Make sure you choose a username and password that you will remember, as this will not be part of your University set of accounts and staff will not be able to retrieve it for you.
You will probably want to keep the articles you find in separate folders for each assignment. To do this, you first need to create the folder.
3. Click on the Folder icon on the top-left of the screen.
4. In the column on the left-hand side, look for the My custom section, and click on the New link.
5. Create a new folder for your search results by typing in a name in the box, then Save – you can do this for each different assignment when searching for information
6. Now you can do your search, and add items to the folder by clicking the Add to folder button underneath each record – if you have created named folders, you will be asked which one you want to save them to
7. Once you have finished adding items, you can see the contents of your folder by clicking on the open folder icon at the top of the page
8. Next time you do a search, remember to log in to your My EBSCOhost account, then you will be able to see your previous searches and the articles you've saved, and also to save new searches.
You can find out more about My EBSCOhost account by watching You Tube videos from the EBSCO Publishing channel.