Children in the Library
Visitors to the University who are children or young people, under the age of 18, are not allowed in any library in the University
Access is restricted to:
- ensure the highest level of personal security for the children/young people
- maintain an appropriate study environment for all library customers
- conform to University regulations
If you have no child care but need to collect a book or print off an assignment you may ask staff to do this for you - without entering the library. At Luton you may use PCs and printers on the ground floor without swiping into the library.
Where possible ring in advance and ask for help
Bedford Campus Library 01234 793189
Luton Campus Library 01582 743488
- your ID card
- any files to be printed on a USB
- the full details of any books you'd like collected from the shelves
You may return items at Luton and Bedford without going into the library at the self-return unit.
To return items at Aylesbury (if you have a child/young person with you) please ring in advance and a member of staff will meet you at the door.
If you forget to ring and you are in a University building with children needing access to library please ask security/reception to mediate on your behalf. They will ring library staff who will meet you and discuss what you need. You will still need your ID card.