Services for Students with Assistive Status
Students or staff who are identified as having a disability through either the student record system (SITS) or the HR system (TRENT) can request additional services, as laid out here and in the Library Handbook.
Individuals who disclose a disability to LRC/library staff, which is not known to the University, will be referred on to the Health and Well Being team.
This is a summary of services available to students with assistive status:
- Individual assistance
- Unlimited renewals of borrowed items
- Waived fines (excludes other sanctions including blocked borrowing and charges for replacement)
- Training and support in the use of assistive software
- Wheelchair accessible facilities
- Staff are disability aware and are happy to help you
- Lifts are available to allow access to all floors
- Specialist software and equipment
Any specific requests or comments may be directed to the Head of Reader Services, Sarah Arkle, via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or at any LRC Customer Service Desk.
Contacts around the University of Bedfordshire are: