Book a PC
You can now book a computer for a specific time at any of the University sites. You will find this service especially useful when assignments are due to be handed in. You can book a computer up to 7 days in advance.
Bookable computers are in designated areas of each Library and are labeled with unique codes for each site. You can book for up to 3 hours at a time or longer if the PC has not been booked by anyone else.
|Milton Keynes Campus||MK|
Book a PC today at bookapc.beds.ac.uk
Sign in with your usual University username and password.
Complete the booking form by making your selection from the drop down lists.
You will get an email to confirm your booking. Use this email when going to claim your workstation.
Bedford Group Study Room
(More than 2 people)
The group discussion room can be booked for up to 2 hours for academic purposes only, concurrent bookings are not allowed. Please use the booking form at the Customer Service desk on the ground floor of the library to check and make any bookings. The names of all group members should be written on the form, only those named on the booking sheet are allowed to use the room. The person who made the booking must be present for the whole of the booking period and remains responsible for the room during the booking.
If you are more than 15 minutes late your booking will automatically be cancelled
You can book the interactive whiteboard in the Resource Room for up to 2 hours, concurrent bookings are not allowed. Please use the booking form at the Customer Service desk on the ground floor of the library to check and make any bookings. You will need your ID card to collect the pens and remote from the Customer Service desk. The names of group members should be written on the form and if you are more than 15 minutes late your booking will automatically be cancelled. Please note that other students will be able to use this room whilst you are using the interactive whiteboard.
Luton Group Study Rooms
There are 7 group study rooms with PCs located within the Luton Campus Library. Bookings may be made on the spot via the touch screen door controller or online.
Features of this service
Keyless entry – ID card swipe entry
On the spot booking/access if room is available
Length of any booking 1 hour - up to 2 hours may be booked sequentially Number of bookings per person per week 7 (1hr slots)
Booking cancelled if more than 10 minutes late
- Customers are advised to clear the room 5 minutes prior to the end of the booking period, so it is ready for the next group
- If customers no longer need their group room booking, they will be advised to cancel it
Level 2: L207 & L208 Classroom style set for practice presentations audience capacity 8 - 10. Large screens and lecterns, lecture has PC, visulaiser, Panopto camera and microphone
Level 4: L407, L408 & L409 Rooms for collaborative work for between 4 and 7 people
Level 5: L507, L508, L509 & L510 Rooms for collaborative work for between 4 and 7 people
Go to bookaroom.beds.ac.uk
Fill in the details on screens ie ID number; select which room you want (from drop down list) and date then click continue.
In the next screen fill in the time required (time slots which are already booked are indicated) and follow the onscreen instructions.
A PIN will be sent to your University email address to confirm your booking. Make a note of this. Please remember to swipe the entry box with each PIN you have booked. Failure to swipe for each PIN will mean that your booking is cancelled and someone else can book the room.
Staff on the Customer Service desk on level 1 can help with any queries.
On the spot Bookings
There is a booking screen outside every bookable room in a small black box with a touch screen display. This is the door controller.
- A room may be booked using the door controller at any time, providing no-one else has booked the room online, and after 10 minutes if the group who booked it do not turn up. The door controller will show “Room available. Scan card”.
- Scan the student/staff card on the door controller: if the room is available, you will be offered options to book for 1 hour, or until the room is next
Instructions: In the “Booking Availability” field if the display is
- Green - it is available for on the spot bookings
- Yellow – it is about to start a book and is unavailable
- Red – booked and in use
Green availability you can book in at the door for a one hour or partial hour slot. Simply swipe your University ID card and you can enter the room
If the “Booking Availability” is Yellow or Red touch the button and use the up and down arrows on the display to select and book the next available time. Follow the on screen instructions your PIN will be sent to your University email address
Cancelling a Booking
Customers are advised to cancel a booking if they no longer require it. This will free the room up for someone else and not use up their weekly allowance
- cancel from door black controller or online
- Customers must cancel the booking before the booking slot starts. They will not be able to cancel the booking if the booking slot has already started
Terms and Conditions
- The bookable rooms in the Luton Library may be booked by University of Bedfordshire staff and students only
- Do not use anyone else's details to log onto the system
- These library facilities may be booked for use by groups of a minimum of 4 people and their respective maximum number. If a booking has less than the minimum or more than the maximum number of people for the room in attendance staff or security will clear the room and the booking will be cancelled
- Bookings can be made up to 1 week in advance through the booking website
- All customers are subject to the University Learning Resources’ Code of Conduct and Regulations, particularly in relation to standards of behaviour. Any misuse of the group room facilities may result in disciplinary action.
- Do not leave personal belongings unattended. Learning Resources or security staff will routinely remove any unattended items seen in group rooms
- Chairs and tables are provided in the room – do not bring in extra seats, tables or other furniture from other parts of the Library
- Every effort should be made to avoid excess noise.Soundtracks or music for example should not be heard outside the booked room.
- If a room is left unoccupied for more than 20 minutes the booking will be cancelled and any belongings will be taken to security.
- No food or drink is allowed in any of the group rooms. Any misuse of the group room facilities may result in disciplinary action
- Customers are asked to leave room clean and tidy
- Learning Resources staff and security reserve the right to enter any study room at any time. Customers must be prepared to show their ID card to any member of Learning Resources or security staff on request
- The person making the booking is responsible for all losses and damages
- Learning Resources hope customers enjoy using this space. Learning Resources welcome any suggestions for improvement. This can be done using the Tell Us online form or postcards (box next to the Customer Service Desk level 1 or Reception on the ground floor).
Our Tweets: @uoblibrary
Mar 05, 2021
Mar 04, 2021
Mar 03, 2021
Mar 02, 2021
Mar 02, 2021
Mar 01, 2021
Mar 01, 2021
Feb 26, 2021
Feb 22, 2021