The majority of External Customers use the Eduroam service offered by their home institution: if you have set this up your device should be able to access Eduroam network automatically. If your institution does not participate in Eduroam (or you are not on a course of study) you have "Walk-in Customer" status only and need to use the guest wifi, which is self service.
Register first using 'Guest-Registration'
- Connect to the 'Guest Registration' Wi-Fi service
- Run your browser and visit any website to see the registration form
- Read any information or terms and conditions before continuing
- On the Registration page, complete the form and click the Register button
- Make a note of the unique 10-digit access code
Login using your access code to 'Guest UoB'
- Connect to the ‘Guest-UoB’ Wi-Fi service
- Enter the code when asked
- You're now connected to 'Guest-UoB'
- The code must be used as soon as possible and is then valid for 3 days from the day it is generated until midnight on the third day
These digital resources can be accessed by walk-in customers at a guest PC on their own portable device: