Academic Liaison Librarian:
Faculty of Education and Sport
Hours of work: Monday - Friday: 8:30 - 16:30
Based at: Library, Bedford Campus
You can contact me to make an appointment or check my availability by:
Telephone: 01234 793354 ext. 4354
In person: Customer Service Desk, Ground Floor, Library
What do I do?
I'm here to support students and staff use the full range of resources we have available in the library and help you to find the information relevant to your subject and research interests.
- I buy the books, journals and DVDs which lecturers, researchers and students recommend
- I run workshops to help students to exploit the wealth of resources that are available, both print and electronic.
- I work with the other Learning Resources teams and the Faculty staff to review and improve the library services
- I produce support materials (handouts, websites and audiovisual) about our Digital Library resources, referencing and library facilities, like the Teaching Practice room.
How can I help you?
- I teach information literacy skills as part of undergraduate, PGCE, Masters and EdD courses in the Faculty of Education and Sport
- As well as timetabled workshops, you can also arrange a one-to-one appointment with me to help you utilise all the resources available and to help with referencing.
- I help maintain and populate the subject pages for education, physical education and Language and Communication, these are a good starting point for your research.
- If you are working on a research topic, I can help with literature searches and sourcing materials from outside the University.
Since qualifying as a Librarian 1994 I have mainly worked in University Libraries. My first post was as a Health Librarian at the British School of Osteopathy, this was followed a gap year travelling the world and included six months working in the Library at Macquarie University, Sydney. After my gap year I worked in the Library at the University of Northampton until I joined the University of Bedfordshire in 2009. I particularly like helping students with their research needs and like to share my knowledge of the resources we have available. Please contact me if you need any support and help with using the Library and the online collections.