When deciding on whether to include a particular source in your assignment, it is always good practice to evaluate the validity of the research by asking the following questions:
- Who is the author? What are their credentials?
- Who is the publisher?
- Do you trust this source?
- Has the information been peer-reviewed/edited?
- Is the information impartial or biased?
- At what level is the material written? e.g. undergraduate, postgraduate, practitioner?
- Who is the intended audience? e.g. general public, researchers
- What is the date of the material? Is this recent enough for your needs?