How can Learning Resources help you?
If this is your first time at university or it's been a while since you last studied you might find the library a vast and confusing place with lots of books, journals, PCs, study spaces and noise!
Most libraries are more than just books that's why we call ourselves learning resources, because that's what we are here to do - help you learn to use the wide range of resources and services on offer to you.
Whether that be:
- Finding out which resources are the best ones for you
- What are the key texts you should be reading
- How you can find good quality information on the internet
- How you can develop your notetaking skills
- Learning new skills on word and excel
- Planning and writing your essays
- Learning how to reference the ideas you use in your own work
- Using services like renewals and reservations to help manage your research
Remember it's OK to feel daunted and out of your depth, to feel worried and unsure, being at university is a new experience and new experiences can feel a little scary. But hopefully you will think it's an exciting experience, and a great opportunity to learn and develop.
These pages are not a definitive guide to how we can help you but are a starting point highlighting some of the important stuff you need to learn in your first few weeks at university.