Renewals is a self service facility available via
- the library catalogue. You will need your registration number (on your ID card) and your library password to access your library account.
- phone, the number for any renewals for any site 01582 743262
- at a self service machine
Seven day and standard loan items can be renewed online, in person at a self service machine, or by telephone a maximum of 20 times, after which they must be returned.
There is a seven day grace period on standard loans before the overdue is sent out by e-mail items may still be renewed. After these 7 days the fine goes onto your library account and you will not be able to borrow, renew or reserve any items. Automatic blocks commence after the due date has elapsed. The grace period for seven day loans is three days before the overdue is sent out by e-mail items may still be renewed. After this the fine goes onto your library account and you will not be able to borrow, renew or reserve any items.
You will be unable to renew your items if you have:
- books that have been reserved by another customer
- outstanding fines or an inhibition on your account
- had 20 renewals
Some loan categories cannot be renewed.
- overnight loans
- Teaching Practice loans
These must be returned by the date stamped, re-shelved and made available for other customers. They can not be re-borrowed immediately.