You will automatically be registered to use LRC/library, computing and network services when you join the University.
You will have 6 different accounts:
- LRC/library - borrow, reserve or renew books, access to digital information sources etc.
- Network - store files on the network
- Print - keep this account in credit to use the printers
- BREO - the University Virtual Learning Environment
- Student record/E-vision - access your academic record, exams results etc
- Email - University email account
All you will need to access the LRC/Library, Breo, Network and Email accounts is:
USERNAME: (the registration number on your ID card)
PASSWORD: (your default password is your date of birth in the ddmmyy format)
You can change your password, but for the LRC/library there are restrictions on what characters you can use
Your Student record/ E-vision account password will be given to you on registration.
When seeking assistance always show your student ID card.Other than the network access, you can use all these services from home.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal accounts and passwords remain secure at all times, to prevent unauthorised access by others. This should be done by:
- periodically changing each of your passwords
- not divulging your login details to anyone else
- logging off completely before leaving a PC to prevent other students accessing your account and using your print credits
Learning Resources will not take responsibility for lost print credits.
If you allow anyone else to use your personal account to access the university's network or information resources provided by Learning Resources, this constitutes a breach of security and will be treated very seriously. This will usually result in the withdrawal of access to the service and the incident will be referred to the appropriate university disciplinary panel. Wilful misuse of a service purchased by the university for its staff and students may also result in an individual prosecution by the service provider.Changing your password On-Line
You may change your University network password, which provides access to the range of University services, including email, file storage, BREO, PebblePad, and the Library service on-line.
You will need to log in then set up the answers to some security questions, which you will be prompted to answer if you later forget your password. The successful response to these "Challenge Questions" will allow access to the Password Reset screen.
Go to the Password Challenge Response tab and provide memorable answers to the three Defined Challenge questions. Define your own "User Defined" question and provide a memorable answer.
There is an instruction panel on the right of the screen to help you. Pay particular attention to the system instructions eg: minimum and maximum number of characters. Minimum number of numeric characters. Certain words which should not be used.
Its quick and its instant.
About to finish your Studies?
If you are about to finish your studies, congratulations aside, it is a good idea to:
- copy all your files from your network space on a USB
- copy or transfer all your e-mail addresses from your GoogleMail account
because your accounts will be closed and you will not be able to access the contents, when you finish University.