Academic Liaison Librarians
The team of Academic Liaison Librarians (ALLs) work together to support each of the University faculties by providing support for the courses taught as well as for research activity.
What do we do?
- teach you how to undertake good quality research for your assignments
- answer queries about resources
- offer advice on search techniques and strategies
- ensure the resources you need for your course or research are available and accessible
- advise you on which resources are the "best" for your course or research
- advise academics on relevant resources they might want to promote to their students
- suggest how you can access material we haven't got in stock
- teach you how to avoid plagiairism
- offer individual or small group appointments to help you research your assignments or projects
To find out who your Academic Liaison Librarian is you can either search by department or by subject.
Every week there's something on offer for you in Learning Resources.
We run regular training workshops and drop in sessions on finding and
using information in your subject area.
on an event name to view more details. You can use the blue arrows to
move back and forth through the days. You can also add the event(s) you
are interested in to your own student Google calendar.
To find out how the ALLs can support yout teaching and research you can book a desktop visit.